Circa Zoo Audition
Circa Zoo is Circa’s extension performance program for talented young people. All Circa Zoo ensemble members are required to audition every 6 months.
Auditions are an integral part of the circus and performing arts world. They are a chance for you to show off your personality, skills and commitment to working in an ensemble, on a show and on your own acts.
Please bring along:
- A piece of paper with your name and the following:
- Two specialities you are interested in training for the next six-months (eg. Trapeze & Hula-Hoops)
- Training goals for the next six-months (one skill goal, one artistic goal, one personal goal). This should only be one or two lines describing what you want to improve on. It will be used to shape the 2021 training program and will not be shared with any other students.
- A short paragraph explaining what motivated you to audition to become a Circa Zoo Ensemble member.
- A one-two minute solo audition piece that demonstrates your creativity and personality on stage. This does not have to be skill based; we want to see how you perform.
If you haven’t auditioned for Zoo before, please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07 3852 3110 prior to booking.
If extenuating circumstances prevent you from auditioning in person or you live outside Brisbane and are unable to travel , a video submission will be accepted. For submission guidelines, please refer to our 2021 CIRCA Zoo Video Audition Requirements document.
Please Note: Due to the performance aspect of Circa Zoo, a 6-month commitment of involvement from participants is required.
Sunday 17 January 2021
Ages 12 – 20
Circa Studio, Fortitude Valley